Several recent news stories illustrate Shaquille O'Neal was Godfather of the NBA on, and off, the court.
In the middle of Mob Week on the AMC network, the Sun-Sentinel ran a story on Shaq planting child porn on the computer of a former employee that sided with Shaunie O'Neal during their divorce.
Everybody wants to be a gangsta nowadays, but few NBA players can match O'Neal since he proclaimed to be the Godfather of the NBA years ago.
“The difference between those three is in The Godfather trilogy. One is Alfredo, who’s never ready for me to hand it over to him. One is Sonny, who will do whatever it takes to be the man. And one is Michael, who, if you watch the trilogy, the Godfather hands it over to Michael. So I have no problem handing it to Dwyane.”
--Shaq referring to Penny Hardaway, Kobe Bryant, and Dwyane Wade in 2005 (from shaqquotes.com)
Multiple stories surfaced in Shaq's career showing just how gangsta he kept it on and off the court.
- He got on some ol' high school shit and smacked Greg Ostertag in the face just for living;
- He allegedly was smashing Gilbert Arenas' baby mama the last five years she was with Agent Zero;
- He allegedly went "News of the World" on one of his jumpoffs and hacked into her voicemail;
- He allegedly leaned on police officers for info on another jumpoff and framed the former employee that snitched on him to his ex-wife by planting child porn on his computer;
- He allegedly was behind the kidnapping, pistol-whipping and robbing of a man with a Shaq sex tape; and
- He retired as the career earnings leader in NBA history. Now THAT'S gangsta.
P.S. If Shaq's name ever disappears from the Heat Shit List, then you know what happened.