|Image courtesy of World Coalition Against the Death Penalty (http://flic.kr/p/5wViDW)|
Bloggers from the Miami Heat Index and HeatFreak.com discussed Troy Davis, Floyd Mayweather and the NBA Lockout with a Harvard political scientist and predicted how the Miami Heat's favorite NFL teams would do in Week 3.
Technical difficulties with the first 15 minutes of the HEATcast resulted in terrible audio. Please skip to the 15:45 mark and the audio becomes clear. The first 15 minutes covered this comment on Troy Davis, whether Nike advised Dwyane Wade and LeBron James to keep silent about Troy Davis' execution and the impact of race on the Mayweather-Pacquiao media coverage. Apologies for the inconvenience. The mp3 files only contain the good audio.
- How to listen: Play the audio embedded above, go to ustream for download the mp3
- Podcasters: Miami Heat Index, Alfredo Arteaga and Matthew Platt
- Recorded: 9/23/11 at 6:12 PM
The podcast referenced and discussed the links listed below.
- HEAT Check: Too Quiet On Troy Davis?
- Poll: Should Miami Heat players take a stand on the Troy Davis issue?
- Troy Davis & Miami Heat: Silent But Deadly
- Poll: Are you disappointed that more Heat players didn't promote the campaign to save Troy Davis?
- Troy Davis: What I Wish Miami Heat Would've Said...
- Mayweather: Miami Heat Show Their Love
- Mayweather Sets Record Straight on Ortiz, Merchant and Pacquiao
- Pre-Season Games Cancelled
- Counterpoint (from listener CabeyKabe): Why Pre-Season Games Matter
- Players Union Meeting in Miami
Alfredo's Week 3 Predictions for Heat Players' Favorite NFL Teams (download the mp3)