Bloggers from the Miami HEAT Index and HeatFreak.com debated the cause and effect of the Miami HEAT's arrogance and predictions for the All-Star Reserves that will be announced next week.
Podcasters: Miami Heat Index and Alfredo Arteaga
Recorded: February 3, 2012 at 6:02 PM ET
How to Listen: Play the audio embedded below, download the MP3 or subscribe via iTunes
The bloggers discussed the posts listed below during the podcast.
Are the HEAT too arrogant?
- The Queen of HEAT News thought the HEAT's arrogance was the biggest story facing the team before the season: 2012 Season Preview with the Queen of HEAT News
- She thought it was still a problem after the first month of play on this HEATcast: Winning Without Wade Was the Biggest Story in January
- Was Wade's arrogance the problem against the Bucks? The article LeBron's Attempted Murder in Milwaukee said no, but this blog post from Ethan Skolnick paints him as a front-runner.
The All-Star game starters were announced on Thursday and next week the reserves will be announced.
- MHI went 9/10 and Alfredo went 8/10 with predictions for the All-Star starters on this HEATcast: Everything You Need To Know About the 2012 NBA Season Before It Happens
- The podcasters analyzed where their All-Star predictions went wrong on this HEATcast: Everything You Need To Know About the NBA After One Month
- Big Shot Ron joined both of those HEATcasts but you can find his updated All-Star predictions here: 10 Things I Think I know about the NBA
- Predictions for East All-Star Reserves:
- MHI: Chris Bosh, Rajon Rondo, Joe Johnson, Andre Iguodala, Tyson Chandler, Josh Smith and Paul Pierce
- Alfredo: Chris Bosh, Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo, Tyson Chandler, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith and Greg Monroe
- Predictions for West All-Star Reserves:
The podcasters also made one more prediction... Will there be a better dunk in the NBA this season than Blake Griffin's dunk on Kendrick Perkins?
Alfredo said no but MHI said if LeBron can jump over John Lucas III for an alley oop, then he can top Blake's dunk, too.
This podcast was inspired by E.J. Fischer.