Bill Plaschke's treatment of Clipper Darrell in the LA Times on behalf of the LA Clippers inspired the Miami Heat Index and Madame NBA to honor the biggest sellouts, pimps and bitchass analysts covering the NBA in the first annual Corporate Heaux Blogger Awards.
Podcasters: Miami Heat Index and TammehNBA
Recorded: July 5, 2012 at 7:00 PM ET
How to Listen: Play the audio embedded below, download the mp3 or subscribe to iTunes
The podcasters discussed the articles and topics listed below during the HEATcast.
- Clipper Darrell's Betrayal... of the Clippers by Bitchass Bill Plaschke
- Corporate Heaux Bloggers vs. Fanalytical Bloggers
The Corporate Award
“A CHB, much like a fanatic, is about what they can get. Instead of autographs and courtside seats, its money from teams/media corporations, media credentials and access to players over intelligent and free thinking analysis.”
These bloggers put the "Corporate" in Corporate Heaux Bloggers:
- Brian Windhorst for leaving Cavs to join ESPN’s Heat Index and then covering Cavs’ 2012 draft from their war room
- Truehoop Network
The Heaux Award
“Corporate Heaux Bloggers are also ones to generate a large portion of their site traffic using TMZ rumors and naked men/women, many of whom have ZERO relation to the sport(s) that said blogger is covering.”
This pimpin' ass blogger put the "Heaux" in Corporate Heaux Bloggers: Black Sports Online.
The Blogger Award
“I compare Corporate Heaux Bloggers to fanatics, they aren’t *necessarily* the most knowledgeable, analytical, but they do what ever it takes to get the most page views and, in turn, generating a huge revenue stream. They, in a sense, sell out their knowledge just to receive thousands upon thousands of views.”
These thirsty bitchasses put the "Blogger" in Corporate Heaux Blogger:
- Hardwood Paroxysm: Last season, they sponsored the Miami HEAT page at basketball-reference.com just for pageviews. ‘Nuff said.
- Zach Lowe Tries to act like he’s not a Celtics fan now that he blogs for Sports Illustrated
- Bleacher Report
- Chris Broussard
Rookie CHB of the Year
The biggest Corporate Heaux Blogger new to the scene: Anthony Ramsey from Los That Sports Blog
This podcast was inspired by E.J. Fischer.